You should always keep and use your credit card with utmost care. Also you should always check your credit card statement carefully for every month to identify the charges of purchases that were not made by you.
Credit card frauds mostly occur when your credit card has been stolen or lost or if you have made purchases through unsecured on-line websites. It is also important for you to report these matters to your credit card company if any such things happen.
Here is how you can protect yourself from Credit card fraud:
• Ignore pre-approved credit card offers.
• Keep all your documents containing your personal information with utmost care.
• Try to use cash for purchases wherever possible. You would not exchange any personal information by using cash while making purchases.
• Beware of your surroundings while using your PIN at ATM’s while withdrawing cash or using your debit card at stores.
• Placing fraud alerts on your credit reports is a good way to reduce identity theft risk.
• Use only secure payment gateways to make purchases on the internet.
There are umpteen ways in which a Credit Card Fraud can happen, from low tech dumpster driving to high tech hacking.
Applying the above mentioned tips in your daily routine can help you protect your identity and managing your credit effectively.
Credit Sudhaar is India’s first Corporate Credit Health management & improvement company whose goal is to help clients to Restore, Enhance and Protect their Credit and make them credit healthy.